Watercolor
language

lundi, mai 22, 2006

No more Visits from 'Aunt Flow'?

Skimming across the Chicagotribune.com headlines this morning, I noticed one that said, "More Women Say No To Menstruation. Period."

What do you think?

I'm not sure what I think about all this yet. Personally, I'm a little creeped out by products like 'Seasonale' that allow your period only four times/year. Actually, I'm creeped out by the idea of birth control all together. Although I am using the pill as my contraceptive currently.

I avoid genetically modified foods - so really I'm not surprised to see that I do not want to change the natural path of my body with birth control. But I cannot afford a baby right now, so I'm not considering going off the pill - like so many other women, it just isn't an option.

Now, I wouldn't dare disregard Margaret Sanger's pioneer efforts toward the contraceptive, and I would never say a full-time form of control should not be an option. I'm just saying it may not be for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

yea, i've been thinking the same things since i've been on the pills...it can't be entirely healthy to be putting horomones in your body like this but for now, that's what i'm doing. crazy as it sounds, i've noticed a HUGE difference by taking ortho-lo. also, about not having a period, i think there's something i like about having a period, even if what they're saying is true: that it's not necessary. still, every month when i get mine i throw myself a little, "i'm not pregnant" party...i'll invite you next time : ) --- ack, TMI!

~shannon

3:33 PM  
Blogger blueberrymali said...

Yea, I have the, "i'm not pregnant" party, as well - not TMI. I love having my period. For one thing, its the only time of the month I don't feel uber-irrational due to the pill's hormones. So, yea...PERIODS ROCK! I want MORE!

10:02 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home