Watercolor
language

lundi, mars 27, 2006

Is Lindsay Lohan who we see as our Wonder Woman???

I love Joss Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I love the episodes he wrote for Roseanne, but now, Whedon might have hit a greedy low. He has been said to be putting together 'Wonder Woman' for some time now. And the question has always been, who will play her? In 2002, the debate was over Jessica Connelly, Monica Belluci and Catherine Zeta Jones, all of whom would be good choices in my opinion. They all certainely look the part and they're the right age. I would suggest myself since WW is supposed to be a beautiful Greek woman, but unfortunately, I have no way to get in contact with Whedon. This morning I was very disappointed to see a Yahoo article about the potential of Lindsay Lohan playing Wonder Woman.

Oh God, what has our country come to?

Well, not that Wonder Woman was always the best role model for women - she was however, a female superheroine and a 'strong' woman character. Although Lynda Carter was a supermodel, she did have a fair amount of muscle on her to allow us to assume she wasn't using pills or anorexia to keep her slim figure. Joss Whedon gets praise from 'geeky' feminists all over the globe on how his 'Buffy' was a feminist piece of work, and his WW could of done the same, but I have to say...Lindsay Lohan is no way to get that praise. Its just a cheap way to sell out tickets, and frankly - Whedon would be selling out his reputation, as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger tim said...

Fear not - LL will not likely be cast as Wonder Woman.

Joss is searching for a new starlet to fill the role - and there's no one currently out there that he has in mind...

I think you'd be perfect for the part, though I am biased...

12:08 PM  
Blogger tim said...

Fear not - LL will not likely be cast as Wonder Woman.

Joss is searching for a new starlet to fill the role - and there's no one currently out there that he has in mind...

I think you'd be perfect for the part, though I am biased...

12:09 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home